Are you a group or local business that wants to get involved with our organization through a partnership or donations?
We have some amazing partnerships with business who help us fulfill our mission throughout the year. Businesses like Crossroads Art Center, Think and The Law Office of Jennifer Newman serve as drop off locations for birthday boxes each month. Extra Special Parents has donated space for Worthdays to have an office and storage and River Fox Realty provided space for us to implement our giving project for the holidays. Many local businesses and groups have sponsored birthdays, graduations or holidays for youth in our foster care system. Examples of these range from Bon Air MOPS, Hopewell Family Dentistry, IRS Criminal Investigations Unit, River City Junior Women’s Club, Virginia Palliative Partners, Partners in Parenting among many church and Girl Scout groups.
Are you a creator, artisan, designer, maker, handmade guru or etsy shop owner?
An important part of our mission is that the children we serve know that they were planned for and thought of by name for their birthday, or other important day. We are always accepting new donations from local community members wanting to donate personalized gifts to be included in birthday boxes. If you are interested in donating to the birthday children we serve during one (or more) month of the year, read through the criteria below to determine if it is a good fit for our organization.
1. A maker of personalized, smaller items that would be applicable to both genders! This could range from a personalized t-shirt, a small embroidered bag, a personalized keychain, a piece of wall art with the child’s name, etc.
2. Located in the Richmond OR Northern Virginia/Alexandria area and/or willing to ship to one of these areas! Ideally we would have someone donate for Richmond birthdays and someone separate donate for NOVA birthdays.
3. Willing to donate a personalized item for each birthday child we serve in our local foster care systems. For the Central Virginia area, that number can range from 5-20. For NOVA, that number can range from 0-10.
4. Able to drop off the donation to a local drop off location (those can be found here: https://www.worthdays.org/drop-offs/). There is also a drop off location in Midlothian, Va that can be shared but is not listed. Drop off would occur sometime before the 25th of each month. Names could be shared by the 5th of each month to allow ample time to make items.
5. We are unable to accept items that have glass or potentially dangerous parts.
We are a 501(c)(3) and happy to provide documentation of your donation if it would be helpful to you!
Are you a group or business that would like to host a drive to benefit us or donate goods that we need?
We have benefitted greatly from local groups and businesses that have hosted a drive or donated goods to us that we are often in need of. Examples of this include a young girls Bible study group who held a neighborhood drive for us to include toiletry products, a local church that did a Christmas giving drive to collect sports balls, art supplies and toiletries and a photography business that is donating sessions for those who bring items to benefit Worthdays. Local businesses celebrating big milestones such as their “birthday” of being open can use the opportunity to benefit Worthdays, too! Items that we are often in need of include:
Gift cards to any big box store (including Amazon, Wal-mart, etc)
Toiletry products - particularly those used for boys/men and Black hair care products
Makeup (all shades)/nail/lotion/fragrance body spray items
Amazon Fire tablets (or similar), headphones, ear buds, etc
Duffel bags/luggage/storage totes
Are you a local group or business owner that would like to donate your time or goods with special events or to benefit a youth in our local foster care program?
Maybe you own a photo booth? Or are a bakery owner? Maybe you are a web developer that could give us a hand? Maybe you would like to hire youth in foster care who are seeking employment but need a connection to such youth? We would love to chat with you about how you can benefit youth in our local foster care system!